Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Slave Narrative

                                                                                                         Entry #11, March 20, 300 C.E  
   Today my best friend was sacrificed to the gods. They killed him right in front of me and they say I'm next. I don't know where my family is. Last I remember is seeing their faces as I was being dragged away. I hope they're safe. My friend died while his mistress was in labor to their baby girl. She will  now grow up without a father.
   
    I know I won't last longer. I was of high rank in my army and they will sacrifice me soon. I will try and escape somehow. They treat slaves kind but I don't want to stay and take any chances. I do have a better life than most peasants though. Peasants look at me with jealousy and rage. I want to do something but I know that I am a lower class and I can and will be whipped.

1 comment: